"VISIONS ARE WORTH FIGHTING FOR. WHY SPEND YOUR LIFE MAKING SOMEONE ELSE'S DREAMS?"

22:19





JUMPER:- Topshop, DRESS:- Motel Rocks, COAT (if that is what it can be called).

SO this is what has been taking up my time and effort over the past 3 weeks! It's far from completed in these photographs - which where taken last week, I do apologise for the time delay, there are even more photos from last week as well. 
Basically we were given a brief of making an alternative material coat, we were allowed to decide on the theme, the client and the inspiration. So obviously I just had to choose Tim Burton! I can not express how much i appreciate his work, the way he has created his own style which is completed different to anything that is out there, and how he has stuck by his style and developed his work, so much so that anyone is able to tell whether his has made or produced a film. This is someone to gain inspiration from, one of the greatest people on the earth that drives me to do what i love doing. Now I do know what everyone is thinking, she does fashion not animation. In fashion, you have to break through be that little bit different. I have always been so afraid of what others may think of my designs, and always considering what others would be thinking, I would look around the studio and see all these amazing creations come to life, all stunning but very similar in ways, and then there would be mine. I made a costume for moulin rouge (for satine) based on an Indian elephant, the trunk was waving down one leg, so the trunk would move when in dance, and then a skirt with braces for decay, this was to show how an abandoned house can be held up with the smallest on constructions. 
But enough of that and back on to the bigger picture of this amazing coat! This design is based on the Jabberwocky from Tim Burton's adaptation of Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. I love the way he has taken a poem and created this majestic creature, one that is meant to fill you with terror. I wanted to show this in my designs, this is why i choose Katarzyna Konieczka. Her philosophy is "what you think should disgust you.... delights you,"  she likes to make the garment an extension of the human skin, This was perfect for my ideas. This coat has wings made out of fused fabric (bin bags, sandwich bags), these where a nasty piece of work to sew on, I have ended up hand sewing most of this because it was physically impossible to put through a machine, but it will be worth it in the end. There will be a spine down the back (which has been completed), swirly tentacles coming from the top of the collar (again this has been done) these have wire and beads hanging from them, and a little bit of smocking down the spine. It will be the wackiest thing i have ever created! SO close to finishing now... trust me there will be another blog post on the final piece.... just imagine it now going down the catwalk.. hair slick back off the face and neck, dark make up like Maleficent, and then slowly lifting the wings as you walk down.... i can just see it!! OOOO i am just so excited. 

“I have a problem when people say something's real or not real, or normal or abnormal. The meaning of those words for me is very personal and subjective. I've always been confused and never had a clearcut understanding of the meaning of those kinds of words.” 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe