THE ARTIST BELONGS TO HIS WORK, NOT THE WORK TO THE ARTIST

20:37








JUMPER:- Zara, JEANS:- Primark, SOCKS:- Topshop.

This is my life in a nutshell; drawings, illustrations, research and design. And I am loving every second of it - even if it drives me insane along the way. I am always ploughing through project after project, relishing in what I can create next - something bigger, better and a little more crazier than the last. I never realised how much work I have accumulated over the past year and a bit. Looking through I can see how far I have come in terms of technique, ideas and uniqueness; always trying to develop the whimsical style I am very much inclined to.  I am always documenting the outfits I wear and why I like them but hardly ever share my creations, the things which I am most proud of. I have never really thought about it much but with in the last few days I have been trying to take pictures (these pictures are re-taken and then a re-take is taken of the re-takes) and I could not find the right angle or the right colouring  or could never edit them in the right way to make them look how I envisioned them. It was driving me insane! Having them taped all over my bedroom walls could have aided this as well. But I have come to the conclusion that I should allow the drawings to hold themselves, I should not try to embellish them with fancy lighting or adding more exposure, but allow them to be there for the viewer to experience and react to them in their own personal way - who am I to try and corrupt the mind of another, why should I try and press my opinions on others when this image may mean different things. That is what art is, art it made to be thought about and provoke emotions, and I, for one, will not try and prevent these,  even if the conclusion is that I am crazy and a little weird - I'm cool with that, at least you shall remember me.
In the past  couple of posts I have moved away from the world of fashion a little, not talking much of the clothing or how the colours make me feel. I feel that inspiration is taken from the world around us, not just by other fashion designers or celebrities, how you dress changes depending on what music you enjoy or what is happening in your life at that moment. It is not all about the latest trends but personality and I feel that we are swaying from this too much and fashion is becoming a very commercial thing. What happened to unique and individuality? Why are we so afraid of this? If you feel comfortable in something wear it, if you walk in to a shop and head directly to one specific item - go ahead a buy it, who can stop you, you are your own person! Lets all live a little more and not care about others opinions but our own.
I must admit these jeans did not come like this, they may have been slightly destroyed a little....

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe